Ivation FP15 Secure Star Home Safe


Secure, strong and you get 3 ways to open it plus 3 ways to open in an emergency!

This safe is nice and heavy and has more room than you would think. Looking at it, I didn't think I would be able to put much in it but after opening it, I was surprised that it has room for plenty and the adjustable shelf really gives you some added space and a way to keep items separated such as letters, jewelry, documents, a handgun, etc. You can mount it to a wall or secure it to the floor, I am placing mine on the floor but securing it to the wall instead of the floor for personal reasons. The floor of the safe come with a thick felt padding although mine did not fit well and will need trimming. I did take off a star for the knob that you open it with as I found it not as easy to use as say a handle I have long nails and it is difficult to get my fingers on the small know to turn it and if they were to get any longer then I wouldn't be able to use the fingerprint reader. The front with the knob, fingerprint reader, keypad and emergency entrance felt like a hard plastic and not the quality I expected from Ivation. I feel secure in the fact that I do feel anyone would have great difficulty breaking into the safe despite the front not meeting my expectations.
You get easy to follow instructions and I was a bit worried that I would have trouble getting the fingerprint reader to recognize my fingerprint since the instructions indicated that could happen. The safe read my fingerprint the first try and I have opened and closed it many times to test how well it remembered and read my fingerprint and each time it did so without fail. I like that should the fingerprint reader fail or maybe my finger has a bandage, I can fall back on the keypad. You get to use your own set of numbers from 4 to 8 digits. The setup process for the keypad was super easy with great instructions. I did note the instructions say to push the red reset button, however, my reset button is green.
Should your batteries fail so that you can't use either the keypad or fingerprint reader then you get 2 sets of keys that will open the safe. There is a small removable cover just under the fingerprint reader that you slide off to reveal the key slot along with a place to plug in the emergency battery pack which Ivation includes. You will also get with your safe the anchor bolts and the 4 AA batteries required to power the keypad and fingerprint reader which is always appreciated.
Overall, I found the safe to be a great size for home, office or even a garage. This safe has more ways for you to get into it without being easy for anyone else to! I found it to be well made, easy to use but lacking when it came to turning the knob to access the door. I was provided a sample of the product for my honest unbiased review. I test each and every product I review. Good or bad, my opinions are from my own experiences with the product and may not always be the same as another person however they are never influenced in any way.

https://www.amazon.com/Ivation-FP15-Secure-Star-Home/dp/B01GBUC54Q/ref=cm_rdp_product