Handmade Vintage BARKCLOTH Large Custom Pillow from Vintage Story Linens



If you think you know quality and beauty, then you haven't put your hands or eyes on one of these pillows from Vintage Story Linens!

When I was looking through the pillows, they were all so beautiful that I didn't know how I would ever choose until I came upon the one I'll be talking about today and pictured below.
When I saw this pillow, I stopped immediately and knew that was the one! Not only was it beautiful but it spoke to my heart. It reminded of the dishes I ate out of all of my Grandmother's life. Having lost every tangible memory of her in a house fire, I almost cried to see this pillow. It's not the exact pattern but close enough to bring all those wonderful memories flooding back and in a strange way, a sense of having her back.
I've choose my pillow and now for the wait. Oh, the wait! I knew it was handmade and would take longer but like a child waiting on a cookie, I was checking my tracking daily, lol. My heart sinking everyday it didn't show up, every box that didn't include my pillow!
Then that day, that glorious day arrived!! It was here, like I had won the lottery! I ripped open the box with lightening speed and there it was! A small bag and a big bag. In my excitement, I tossed the little bag to the side and started ripping open the big bag that had to have my pillow in it. Wait, oh  wait! This is just a feather pillow? Where's my beloved cover? This is too cruel to be true!! Then I remembered the small bag I had tossed aside. With trembling hands I gently opened it. Inside was some tissue paper wrapping something up. I unwrapped the tissue and found a sweet note, that I confess I skimmed over, and my pillow cover!!!!
Yes!! I ran as fast as I could to my husband and said: "look, look! Do you see it, do you like it, isn't is awesome?" His smart witty self replied: "new dish cloth?" Ugh, men! I ran back to the box, quickly stuffed my feather pillow in it, buttoned it up, gave it a quick fluff and dashed back to show him. Then he realized what I had, lol. He said that's very pretty (most men only use beautiful when talking about trucks and women, lol) He said, I've never seen you so happy about a throw pillow, what's the deal? Once I told him, he knew what that pillow meant to me and before I could say it, he said, now you can hand down your Grandmother to our grandson.
The pillow cover other than being utterly beautiful, it so very well made that there is no way to mass produce that kind of quality. My cover came fully lined, freshly laundered and the corners had extra reinforcement. The buttons were vintage mother of pearl which just added to the overall beauty of the pillow.
You can search and inspect every inch of the pillow and you won't find not one part that has been overlooked when making it. They launder the fabric since it is very old fabric. Some of the fabric they use is 100+ years old. With each pillow you get the history of the textile which for me just adds that something special and gives you a story to tell with each one. Every stitch is perfect and you can feel the love that went into making your special pillow. I can't imagine not being able to look through the array of pillows and not finding one that takes you back to a special place or time, one that will trigger a smile or a wonderful memory.
No two pillows are the same and that in it's self makes them very special. They are made to last and will for years to come. I feel confident my pillow will still be here when I am not because of the care that has gone into making it. There is no doubting the expert workmanship that you won't get anywhere but from a true artisan!
Whether your looking to bring back some memories, start some new ones or just want something unique to decorate with, these pillows can cover it all.
I was provided a sample of the product for my honest unbiased review. My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.
http://www.amazon.com/handmade/Vintage-Story-Linens