ZINK Wireless Touchscreen Printer



Limited uses and not worth the price for me!

While the technology behind this printer is impressive, the uses and affordability are not. I didn't have too much trouble setting up the printer. The first thing it needed to do was an update, why can't it come already updated? To update it, restart it and wait for it to do it's thing took 12 minutes. Maybe not a long time but when I get something of this nature, I'm ready to use it, not wait for updates, etc. Alright, we're all updated and ready to go! I tried to make an address label and the Zink wireless printer kept freezing, I couldn't get past the first 2 letters, over and over this went on. Finally after shutting it down, restarting it, I was finally able to print a label. Was I impressed with it, NO for one reason. Why would I spend so much money to print address labels? Next, I wanted to print a picture but after seeing the address label decided it was a waste since the labels are so small the picture would be hardly visible enough to even tell who or what it was of.
The next thing I noticed to use the features such as facebook, Instagram or cloud you have to give it much to many permissions! I am not comfortable letting it have permission to: read my contacts, modify my contacts, read my phone status, directly install apps, disable my screen lock, on and on. If you don't give it all the permissions you get denied. I don't see where this device needs so many permissions. I would have lowered the stars had it not been for the fact that it can be used in stand-alone mode.
While the screen is a good size, easy to navigate and use, I can't justify the price for what you can do with the printer. You can only print on paper up to 3/4 in which is great fun but unless you really enjoy stickers, are doing a photo booth, then for myself, I can't see spending $200 on a printer and then when I want to refill the paper, it's going to cost me another $25.
The pros for me are:
portability
wireless
touchscreen
rechargeable battery
can be used with included wall plug
accepts memory cards
doesn't need ink
easy to use

The cons for me are:
Price *too expensive*
limited uses
excessive permissions
problems with it freezing
refills are costly

I was provided a sample of the product for my honest unbiased review. I test each and every product I review. Good or bad, my opinions are from my own experiences with the product and may not always be the same as another person however they are never influenced in any way.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Touchscreen-Printer-Enabled-On-The-Go/dp/B00EDCZFS8?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_rdp_product